Marc&Amanda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugly Betty - Season 4 Ep. 1 & 2

3 posters

Go down

Ugly Betty - Season 4 Ep. 1 & 2 Empty Ugly Betty - Season 4 Ep. 1 & 2

Post  Bia Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:28 pm

Did you watch it?? I did! What are your thoughts?
Bia
Bia
Admin

https://marc-amanda.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ugly Betty - Season 4 Ep. 1 & 2 Empty Re: Ugly Betty - Season 4 Ep. 1 & 2

Post  mswaichingliu81 Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:50 pm

i've posted my thoughts on my ugly betty/michael urie blog here:

http://wwwmichaelurie-mswliu81.blogspot.com/
mswaichingliu81
mswaichingliu81

Back to top Go down

Post  Bia Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:46 am

mswaichingliu81 wrote:i've posted my thoughts on my ugly betty/michael urie blog here:

http://wwwmichaelurie-mswliu81.blogspot.com/

I read your thoughts!!

I agree with you on a lot of stuff, but I don't think this premier was the weakest. For me the weakest was definitely "How Betty Got Her Grieve Back" (Season 2's premier). Oh it just sucked so bad. FOR ME.
Well, first, what was that with the eye patch?? I mean, ugggh so stupid. Another thing I hated about that one was Amanda being fat. So stupid and un realistic because on the second episode she was thin again. But whatever, I'm not here to discuss Season 2's first episode.

About the premier (of season 4):

I didn't necessarily like it. It was just ok. What really made the episode(s) watchable was Justin, Marc, Justin with Marc, Amanda, Helen and Amanda with Helen.
I didn't like the Daniel and Betty moments. Not just because they kind of seemed like a couple (and I'm not a detty fan), but also because I was expecting Daniel to be like REALLY upset! And all he did was punch people, get angry at stuff and feel lonely. Seriously, I think he seemed more upset when he lost Sophia.
Another thing I didn't like: MATT. God, I never liked him, and now I hate him even more.
I'm still unsure about Megan. I agree with Waiching, she's like Amanda from the 1st Season but more dislikable because Amanda was funny, and Megan is not so funny. I kind of like her but I kind of don't, lol.
I LOVED the Wilhelmina and Nico thing! WOW! Finally some real drama and not silly love triangles!!

I can't really think of anything else right now, so yeah these are my thoughts. I thought the episodes were ok but not GREAT.
Bia
Bia
Admin

https://marc-amanda.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanyscia Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 am

I agree with Bia in her feelings about The Butterlfy Effect; less concerning How Betty Got her grieve back. O think it was a very well constructed episode: maybe you can't like all storylines, but it's a matter of fact that all had the right space. In this s4 premiere instead, they gave too much time to not so interesting stories (Daniel, Matt, Hilda's annoying complains about Justin) and too little to the cool one (Amanda and Helen, Justin and Marc, Willie and Nico, Marc's angry with Betty).
Nanyscia
Nanyscia

http://nanyscia.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mswaichingliu81 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:41 pm

[quote="Bia"]
I read your thoughts!!

I agree with you on a lot of stuff, but I don't think this premier was the weakest. For me the weakest was definitely "How Betty Got Her Grieve Back" (Season 2's premier). Oh it just sucked so bad. FOR ME.

i thought it was a good episode, along with the first few but after that i loathed it- i still dislike season 2 a lot.

Well, first, what was that with the eye patch?? I mean, ugggh so stupid. Another thing I hated about that one was Amanda being fat. So stupid and un realistic because on the second episode she was thin again. But whatever, I'm not here to discuss Season 2's first episode.

i think that was the first time when amanda and marc were trying to find her real father.

About the premier (of season 4):

What really made the episode(s) watchable was Justin, Marc, Justin with Marc, Amanda, Helen and Amanda with Helen.

i wholeheartedly agree with you, 110%.

I didn't like the Daniel and Betty moments. Not just because they kind of seemed like a couple (and I'm not a detty fan), but also because I was expecting Daniel to be like REALLY upset! And all he did was punch people, get angry at stuff and feel lonely. Seriously, I think he seemed more upset when he lost Sophia.
Another thing I didn't like: MATT. God, I never liked him, and now I hate him even more.

matt was an arsehole in both episodes although he was just angry after he saw betty kiss henry.

I'm still unsure about Megan. I agree with Waiching, she's like Amanda from the 1st Season but more dislikable because Amanda was funny, and Megan is not so funny. I kind of like her but I kind of don't, lol.

to be honest i didn't find some of the funny things she said funny at all. i think she'll be worse than amanda in terms of the fact she'll be even more mean.

I LOVED the Wilhelmina and Nico thing! WOW! Finally some real drama and not silly love triangles!!

it was interesting and it will be intriguing to find out how they will bring down claire and cal.

I can't really think of anything else right now, so yeah these are my thoughts. I thought the episodes were ok but not GREAT.

again, you hit the nail on the head. Smile
mswaichingliu81
mswaichingliu81

Back to top Go down

Post  mswaichingliu81 Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Nanyscia wrote:I agree with Bia in her feelings about The Butterlfy Effect; less concerning How Betty Got her grieve back. O think it was a very well constructed episode: maybe you can't like all storylines, but it's a matter of fact that all had the right space. In this s4 premiere instead, they gave too much time to not so interesting stories (Daniel, Matt, Hilda's annoying complains about Justin) and too little to the cool one (Amanda and Helen, Justin and Marc, Willie and Nico, Marc's angry with Betty).

i think that was the main problem we had with this episode- there wasn't enough of those moments that you mentioned luana. it was mainly on betty and daniel, hilda and justin's storylines more than anything. i was kind of dissapointed we didn't see more of marc, mandy and helen- it would've been fun.
mswaichingliu81
mswaichingliu81

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum