Marc&Amanda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Night: ‘Graveyard’ No More

2 posters

Go down

Friday Night: ‘Graveyard’ No More Empty Friday Night: ‘Graveyard’ No More

Post  Bia Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 pm

"There was an interesting take on the Friday at 9 pm network television timeslot in this article in the LA Times. It makes me think that Ugly Betty wasn’t placed on Fridays to kill the show, after all.

Writer Denise Martin notices that ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox have placed well established shows in the timeslot, and the competition should be a battle royal.

Although Medium (CBS), Southland (NBC), Dollhouse (FOX), and Ugly Betty (ABC) aren’t American Idol-like ratings powerhouses, they aren’t ready-to-be-cancelled ratings slouches, either. In fact, they are all quality shows. (My own DVR will be busy – it’s tough for me when Medium is on opposite Ugly Betty – those are my two favorite network shows)

Apparently, Dollhouse creator Joss Whedon is happy with the success the show had on Fridays last season, but is none too happy the other networks are now giving him serious competition.

"On one hand, people could realize that Friday is potentially, if not a viewing night, a recording night," he said. "As opposed to, ‘Oh, it’s on Friday. It must be something they’re trying to kill.’ At the same time, I don’t want competition! Why don’t they put their bad shows there?"

After all, CBS has actually had success on Fridays with Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs. "Ghost" averaged a series-high 10.6 million viewers last season, and "Numb3rs" averaged 9.8 million. This proves that quality shows can get decent ratings on Fridays.

Keep in mind, though, the four shows in the 9pm timeslot didn’t come close to those type of ratings, even on other nights.

Ugly Betty executive producer Silvio Horta chimes optimistically, “The people I know aren’t watching the show live when it airs. I know that’s not the majority of the country, but DVR seems to be where everything is going."

He says that keeping buzz is key. "That stuff [buzz] is extra important. I’m hoping our core audience will continue to [follow us] no matter where the show moves," Horta said.

I’ll have to look at the timing (which network moved its show to Friday at 9 first?), but I’m beginning to wonder if ABC’s moving of Ugly Betty to Fridays wasn’t a defensive move, to counter Medium, Southland and Dollhouse. Or vice versa?

I think the competition is going to be fierce, and it looks like ABC and Ugly Betty aren’t going to hold anything back.

Still, I know we’re talking about the equivalent of the Motor City Bowl instead of the National Championship, and what is considered a paltry 6 to 8 million viewers might win the timeslot, but I am no longer so sure that the fourth season of Ugly Betty will be its last.

It’s going to be fun to see how this all shakes out."

Good news!

Source: http://www.uglybettynews.com/
Bia
Bia
Admin

https://marc-amanda.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Friday Night: ‘Graveyard’ No More Empty Re: Friday Night: ‘Graveyard’ No More

Post  mswaichingliu81 Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:03 pm

i really hope season 4 does well- providing the storylines and episodes are good, that is. a lot of fans have deserted this show from season 3 onwards, but i am hoping that it will do well. not looking forward to the love triangle- that said, as long as we get plenty of marc and amanda moments, it should be fine. Smile
mswaichingliu81
mswaichingliu81

Back to top Go down

Post  Bia Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:47 pm

I agree, Waiching and I also hope season 4 does well too!
Bia
Bia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mswaichingliu81 Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:58 pm

here in the uk, channel 4 used to show ugly betty on friday nights, and it did quite well for the first 2 seasons. currently right now is season 3 and that is on wednesday nights, though i don't like the wednesday night timeslot myself. i preferred friday nights and a lot of people tuned in then. in america however, they see friday nights as a bad omen and the 'kiss of death' for ugly betty. but i don't see it that way.

this show still has some loyal fans like ourselves, bia and so we'll tune in, nonetheless. however, if they screw up with marc and amanda, then that'll be a different story.
mswaichingliu81
mswaichingliu81

Back to top Go down

Post  Bia Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:11 pm

mswaichingliu81 wrote: however, if they screw up with marc and amanda, then that'll be a different story.

Yes, it will.

I only watch the show because of Michael and Becki (and Marc&Amanda), so if they screwed up with Marc&Amanda but if Michael and Becki were still on the show, than I would still watch it because I love them, but if they weren't on the show anymore, I wouldn't even care about Ugly Betty anymore.
Bia
Bia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mswaichingliu81 Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Bia wrote:
mswaichingliu81 wrote: however, if they screw up with marc and amanda, then that'll be a different story.

but if Michael and Becki were still on the show, than I would still watch it because I love them, but if they weren't on the show anymore, I wouldn't even care about Ugly Betty anymore.

yeah i'm with you on that- i watch this show mainly for marc and amanda out of all the characters and so, if they had both left, i would stop watching completely.
mswaichingliu81
mswaichingliu81

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum